Purple is a well-funded startup of about 15 people, backed by an Uber co-founder, and revolutionizing the way people get gas.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who can thrive in a startup environment to help us continue to build and test our backend web service and mobile app platform. You would work closely with our small engineering team in a relatively flat organizational structure. You should be confident taking ownership of your specific piece of the product while being comfortable reaching across the full stack. We want people who are aware of latest trends and know how to adopt the most appropriate technology. We're looking for someone who is a strong advocate for the best engineering practices.
Most of our codebase is written in Clojure and ClojureScript. While prior Clojure experience is not a requirement, serious candidates must have an interest and willingness to learn Clojure as well as any technologies we are using that they may not currently be familiar with.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Interest and ability to learn new programming languages as needed
- Working knowledge of Git
- Ability to communicate with non-technical team members to meet product needs/goals
A big plus, but not required:
- Experience using React and React Native
- Clojure and ClojureScript experience, or:
- Experience in at least one functional programming language (Scala, OCaml, Lisp, Haskell, etc.)
- Familiarity with the JVM and related tooling
Purple is a great team! We are small, savvy, and fun. We have an office based in Westwood. We offer a competitive salary, flexible work schedule, health insurance supplement, and unlimited vacation. Come join our growing team!
Get information on how to apply for this position.