Windhaven Insurance is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join a small elite team who are disrupting the auto insurance industry with innovative technology. You will work in a startup atmosphere as part of a subsidiary of a rapidly growing larger company. This means that along with programming, you’ll have a hand in the larger issues, such as product architecture and direction.
- Someone who knows at least one functional language such as: Elixir, Erlang, Lisp, Scheme, Haskell, ML, Clojure, Racket, Ocaml or F#
- Someone who ENGAGES a.k.a “gives a damn” about what we do and how technology can help make us more competitive in the marketplace.
- Someone who COLLABORATES. We have the flattest organization in the industry designed with one main goal – the TEAM. Are you hungry to make a significant impact in the tech world?
- Someone who RESPECTS Teammates, customers and the community.
You need to have made an achievement, in any field, of significance worth talking about, that required grit, determination and skill. This can be a personal achievement that few know about, or it could have gotten coverage by the media. It doesn’t matter, what does matter is some demonstration of grit, determination and skill. If it can be described succinctly, please describe the achievement in your cover letter, if not, be prepared to tell us all about it during the interview.
Professional & Technical Qualifications:
- Experience with languages such as Elixir or Erlang
- Experience with Ember.js (or Angular.js)
- Experience with NoSQL data stores, such as Couchbase, Riak, etc.
- DevOps experience a plus
- Ability to explain technical issues and recommend solutions
- Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Get information on how to apply for this position.
Apple today announced a new programming language for their next version of Mac OS X and iOS called Swift.
The Language Guide has more details about the potpourri of language features.